These images are screenshots of a copyrighted © television program. As such, the copyright for them is most likely owned by the company or corporation that produced it. Though these images are subject to copyright, it is believed that their use qualifies as Fair use under U.S. fair use laws when used on the Young Justice Wiki, hosted on servers in the United States by Wikia, Inc., because:
- The images have a brief description that identifies them, and provides attribution to the copyright holder.
- The images are only being used as the primary means of visual identification of the subject and for informational purposes.
- As screenshots, the images are not replaceable by free content; any other images of the work would also be copyrighted, and any version that is not true to the original would be inadequate for identification or critical commentary.
- The images are significant in illustrating the subjects of the articles, facilitating critical commentary as they provide an immediate relevance to the reader more capably than the textual description alone.
- The images are of sufficient resolution for commentary and identification but lower resolution than the original. Copies made from them will be unsuitable as artwork on counterfeit goods or other uses that would compete with the commercial purpose of the original work.
- The use of the images does not in any way affect the value of the original work or limit the copyright holder's rights or ability to market or sell their product.
Any other uses of these images elsewhere might be copyright infringement. For more information, see Copyrights.
If you are the copyright holder of these images and you feel that their use here does not fall under "fair use," please contact one of the Administrators.