"Hello, Megan!" and derivatives
Used as a catchphrase in the in-world show Hello, Megan!, the phrase has been adopted by Miss Martian, and her teammates to a lesser extent. Used primarily to express exasperation at themselves, similar to Homer Simpson's D'oh.
- "Welcome to Happy Harbor":
- "Drop-Zone" – Miss Martian: "Hello, Megan! It's so obvious." (referring to Aqualad being leader.)
- "Infiltrator" – M'gann: "Hello, Megan. We should hit the beach every day."
- "Downtime" – M'gann: "Too much at once! Too much at once! Hello, Megan! That's so me." (cleans the mess she made on Superboy)
- Miss Martian: "Hello, Megan. I'm on Earth!" (upon realizing she was not on Mars)
- Miss Martian: "You know my Uncle J'onn? Hello, Megan! Of course you do." (upon meeting Artemis and Kid Flash)
- Megan Wheeler: "Hello, Megan!" (during her mind-meld with Superboy)
- Miss Martian: "Hello, Megan! That's so me." (Mind-meld flashback)
- Miss Martian: "Hello, Megan. Aqualad's memories! I knew I forgot something." (Aqualad woke up, panicked by voices in his head)
- "Fears" – Miss Martian: "Well, I'm from Mars. Ugn! Hello, Megan! ...You guys already know that!" (while telling her teammates how she came to Earth)
- "Targets" – Megan Morse: "Hello, Megan! That means I made the Team." (upon learning she was a Bumblebee)
- "Humanity" – Miss Martian: "Hello, Megan! You wanted to become more human." (upon realizing why Red Tornado volunteered to be den mother)
- "Failsafe" – Kid Flash: "Hello, Wally, come on." (he thought the heroes were being teleported away instead of being disintegrated)
- "Disordered" – M'gann: "It was all my fault. Hello, Megan."
- Megan Wheeler: "Hello, Megan!" (M'gann watches Hello, Megan! in her room)
- Hello, Megan! theme song: Hello, Megan! Hello, Megan! School and boys and parents too, A whole lot to juggle for Miss You-Know-Who. Hello, Megan, Hello, Megan! This cheerleader knows the score, Center of attention and so much more, Hello, Megan, Hello, Megan... A little bit distractable, but never too intractable, She's really quite attractable, Okay, a lot distractable! Eventually, she'll get a clue-clue. [Megan Wheeler]: 'Hello, Megan!' The girl for me, The girl for you... Hello, Megan, Hello, Megan! The girl for me, The girl for you, Hello, Megan! Hello, Megan! Hello, Megan!
- Megan Wheeler: "Hello, Megan!" (realizing she made two dates at the same time)
- Robin: Don't you have a souvenir to collect? Kid Flash: Hello, Megan!" (the Team confronts Miss Martian about the image she cultivated as Megan.)
- "Performance" – Dawn Danger: "Hello, Megan! I'll read Haly's mind!"
- "Alienated" – Miss Martian: "Hello, Megan! I knew we forgot something." (after Lagoon Boy stares in shock at having two 'Kroloteans' aboard the Bio-Ship)
- "Darkest" – Megan Wheeler: "Hello, Megan!" (Beast Boy watches Hello, Megan! in his room)
- In "Away Mission" – Bart: "Hello, Megan! Mission time."
- This section lists all utterences of the "Souvenir!" catchphrase. For a list of the Team's souvenirs, see Mission souvenirs.
- In "Welcome to Happy Harbor", Kid Flash coined his new catchphrase as took his first souvenir; an eye from the destroyed Brom Stikk android.
- In "Drop-Zone", Kid Flash used again as he took a Kobra Cultist's mask.
- In "Schooled", Kid Flash blurted out his catchphrase as he snatched the arrow that saved his life from Green Arrow, assuming it to be Speedy's.
- In "Infiltrator", Kid Flash uttered his favorite word as he picked up Cheshire's mask.
- In "Denial", when Artemis asked why he kept the Helmet of Fate, Wally responded with one word: souvenir.
- In "Alpha Male", Kid Flash took Monsieur Mallah's beret, telling Artemis in one word: "Souvenir!", as he put it on. She shook him by saying two words: "Gorilla lice!"
- In "Humanity", Kid Flash exclaimed "Cool, souvenir!" as he found a spare robotic arm in T.O. Morrow's lab.
- In "Usual Suspects", after Artemis defeated Sportsmaster, she tossed his mask at the feet of Kid Flash and told him it was a souvenir.
- In "Earthlings", Miss Martian offered the sash of the Krolotean officer she mentally interrogated to Beast Boy. He eagerly took it, exclaiming "Souvenir! Sweet!".
- In "Darkest", when Nightwing asked what Impulse was holding as he entered the Cave, he responded in one word: "Souvenir!".
- In "Bereft", Psimon said "Psimon says forget" before attempting to erase Miss Martian's memories a second time.
- In "Image":
- Psimon said "Psimon says show me who, or rather what, you really are" before forcing Miss Martian to take on her true Martian form.
- Psimon said "Psimon says smartly done" after Miss Martian rendered her teammates unconscious to prevent them seeing her true form.
- Psimon said "I didn't say Psimon says" after he stopped M'gann's attempt to brain blast him.
- In "Beneath":
- In "The Fix", Psimon exclaims "Psimon says: reveal your secrets!" when he realizes that Tigress is not whom she appears to be.
- In "Under the Surface...":
- Sha'ark called Aqualad chum when he reminded him to call him King.
- Sha'ark called Ronal chum when he questioned if the suspected purist left because he felt outnumbered.
- Sha'ark called Superboy chum, suspecting surface dwellers were tastier.
- Sha'ark called Topo chum when it was found out he had been attacked by purists. He then noted that chum gets what it deserves: to be swallowed.
- Superboy turned the tables, calling Sha'ark chum after the Atlantean threatened Miss Martian.
- Sha'ark referred to Topo as chum when he called him to leave with the other "impure" Atlanteans following their showdown with the suspected purists.
- In "...Here There be Monsters":
- In "Happy New Year":
- After losing a sparring match, Lagoon Boy vowed to one day defeat Nightwing, calling him "chum".
- After Lagoon Boy released the Kroloteans' captives from their holding cell, UN Secretary Tseng apologized for their reaction to Lagoon Boy's alien-looking appearance. He brushed it off, saying he got that reaction a lot, "chum."
- In "Depths", Lagoon Boy scornfully called Superboy "chum" after Miss Martin fed him some cooked crab.
- In "Darkest", La'gaan called Aqualad "chum" all the while promising to get back at him for his betrayal.
- In "...Here There be Monsters", Sha'ark invoked the phrase in frustration at owing Topo his life.
- In "Players, Chapter Two: Directly to Jail", Lagoon Boy used the phrase as he remarked that the abduction of certain heroes and the forcefield forming around Metropolis could not be a coincidence.
- In "Happy New Year":
- Lagoon Boy exclaimed "Neptune's Beard" upon losing a sparring match with Nightwing.
- He invoked it again when he was not assigned to Alpha Squad.
- In "Alienated":
- In "Depths":
- Lagoon Boy bemoaned that he was stereotyped as "the water guy" while Miss Martian was assigned to a mission with Superboy and exclaimed "Neptune's Beard" in frustration.
- He shouted it later in anger after Superboy called him a "rookie".
- In "Darkest", he exclaimed it before telling Aqualad that he could not believe he had once idolized him.
- In "The Fix":
- In "Intervention", he exclaimed it after Miss Martian decides to break up with him.
- In "Endgame", shouted it in Greek (Poseidonos Pogon!) after successfully neutralizing the Magnetic Field Disruptor in the Atlantic Ocean.
- In "Happy New Year" he called Miss Martian "Angelfish" as he welcomed her home.
- In "Alienated", Miss Martian surmised that the Kroloteans were trying to build a new ship, at which point Lagoon Boy chimed in and calls her "Angelfish".
- In "Salvage", as he invited her to resume their movie night.
- In "Depths":
- He said it to M'gann as he explained to her that he couldn't help himself from chomping down on cooked crabs.
- He referred to Miss Martian so, as he told Nightwing he was eager to join her on her assignment.
- In "The Fix":
- In "Intervention":
- He said it after he was reunited with Miss Martian.
- He said it again when he tried and failed to convince M'gann not to end their relationship.
Beast Boy, eager to please, continually uses the term "noted" when he receives useful information, even if he doesn't fully understand it.
- In "Earthlings":
- In "Alienated", after Miss Martian stymied him from showing Nightwing his mission souvenir from Rann, pointing out that business came first.
- In "Bloodlines":
- In "Players, Chapter Three: Landing on Boardwalk", after Bumblebee explained why they were hiding Noor Harjavti at Bibbo's Diner.
- In "Away Mission", Dick says it after Conner suggests they run for cover, just as Brion's powers are about to lash out.
- List of running gags
- List of similarities with Greg Weisman's other works
- Main title clips
- Number 16